Advantages for using tablets for homeschooling:
- It is more like a book and can be less like a computer.
- You only have to keep track of one item as opposed to many books.
- You can have your children gather around the tablet. (this may not work so well with 7 inch tablets)
- Touch interface is more relaxed and a little more hands on.
- Many ebooks are available for free
- Software/apps can be cheaper or free
- They can be expensive
- Software is not mature for education
- Limited or no flash web page support. Many of the interactive education web pages use Flash.
- Children tend to touch things so there will be a lot of smudge marks on the screen that will need to be cleaned off.