Here is another new tablet coming out this year that has some potential for home education. The tablet website claims to have an “innovative platform”. Not sure what is innovative about this Android tablet when other tablets will soon be coming out this year. Maybe it will be priced for educators.
mySpark’s tablet is Wi-Fi enabled and can integrate with partner school’s Learning Management Systems to allow seamless two-way communication between school and student.”
I have no idea what “Learning Management Systems” is but maybe it is an Canadian system for the Canadian schools. We will be watching to see what innovations come out this year.
It seems to be mostly software that other Andorid devices could be capable about but here are the current hardware specs:
- Display: TFT 10″, 4:3, 1024×768 pixel. External output via HDMI or DVI
- Touch Input: Multi-touch finger and accurate stylus inputs
- Processor: 1 GHz dual-core ARM V7 processor with graphics and video acceleration
- Wireless: 802.11 a/b/n + Bluetooth + GPS
- Camera: VGA Front (conferencing), 5MP Rear (video and picture snapshot)
- Memory: 8GB Flash, 1GB Low Power DDR, SD Card Expansion
The website above claimes this feature:
“One feature is “the MySpark Education Platform students and educators could both insert notes and media within class notes or coursework, possibly allowing for real-time changes and edits.”