Well I finally broke down and ordered an iPad 2 this morning. I guess I’ll have to wait a little longer because right now it is scheduled to ship on April 1st. In anticipation of the iPad for our homeschool I thought I would share some of the ways I am planning on using the iPad for homeschooling.
- Art studies – My plan is to pull up famous pictures whith my kids and discuss them in typical Charlotte Mason fashion
- Books – I am really looking forward to my children gathered arround so I can read to them. I am also planning on exploring all the interactive children’s books.
- History studies
- Maps – I am hoping the History Mapp app will load faster than it does currently on my iPhone.
- Watch math videos with my daughter
- Helping my daughter with her reading/phonics
- Helping my five year old learn his letter sounds and practice tracing letters
- YouTube videos on science and history
- Preparing lesson plans in bed
Hopefully the iPad will get here sooner and I can report back on my progress.
In my next post I will discuss how to prepare for using the iPad for homeschooling.