As a firm believer in phonics for reading I am always looking for good phonics Apps. The Reading Raven HD iPad app is one of the few apps that start with a phonics based approach to reading.
Reading Raven Features
- Step-by-step curriculum lets kids learn at their own pace.
- Multi-sensory reading games that children find engaging.
- Based on proven phonics-based approach.
- Customizable for children ages 3 to 7.
Reasons why I recommend the Reading Raven App
What I appreciate most about the app is that in the beginning lessons, Reading Raven introduces very few sight words. I also like that Reading Raven has an emphasis on the letter sounds not the letter names. In the early lessons most of the games are based on sounds. Sounds are introduced a few at a time.
You can configure different users and different levels for each user.
Ages 3 and Up
– Letter matching
– Letter tracing
– Letter recognition
– Word matching
Ages 4 and Up
– Word beginnings
– Word building (spelling)
– Word spotting
Ages 5 and Up
– Reading aloud using voice recording
– Word tracing
– Word groups (rhyming and beginning sounds)
Be sure to check out Reading Raven.
Pingback: Reading Raven 2 Phonics app review | Homeschool tablet()